Friday, March 27, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...



Random things that I enjoy: adventures/road trips/bar nights/sleepovers with my faves, running, the beach, happy hour, mangoes, ponies, live music, museums, comedy clubs, sushi, MD crabs, laughing, sunshine, random spontaneity, tequila, microbrews and imports, Team Ta-Tas with the fabo, french manicures, Andy Warhol,  photography, Ravens football #20, dancing like a fool, scandalocity and debauchery with my girls, being a random awkward disaster, shenanigans with my bests, snugs, friends.

[Images: Jamie sent me a link to cardboardlove.com and I think it's quite possibly the cutest thing in the world...]


So I italicized the word friends at the end of my list in order to prove a point. Yes, I love my friends. Adore is actually a more appropriate term. What can I say? They are pretty rad (my friends and I are some of the most hilarious people I've ever met), and I can honestly say that they complete me and make my life whole. My friends have shaped me into the person I am today. They have been there for me through the ups and downs, good and bad, thick and thin, throughout the entire rollercoaster... you get the picture. There's something to be said for late night (and often drunken) texts and phone calls, frantic AIM messages, hilarious Facebook wall posts, Bumper Stickers, and comments, mix CDs, and the bazillions of photographs (some posed, some candid, and some "stalkerazzi-style") documenting our many bar nights, and so on. Basically, my friends rock my socks off, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Like most people, my friends fall into a few different categories: Friends since elementary school, friends since middle school, friends since high school, friends since college, and friends since graduation (this includes my coworkers). I'm simultaneously thrilled and impressed that I've managed to stay friends with Hillary since the first grade, with Brandon since somewhere around the third grade, and with Cody since about fourth or grade. I think it's interesting that some of my closest friends are friends I made in elementary and middle school, but I do have several close friends whom I met in high school (Fabo, this is you!). It amazes me to think that we've had such a great impact on shaping each others' lives, and this will further blow my mind once we've staked our claim in the universe by establishing careers and families, etc... scary, I know! I've recently become reacquainted with some long-lost friends from high school, and I can honestly say it's been one of the greatest feelings ever. We're talking serious warm and fuzzies. There's nothing like a great hug and catch up sesh to bring you back to life. A great network of friends, I'm convinced, is what makes the world go 'round.

So on that note, I believe I will be going to bed, probably to dream about snugs, and the incredibly fantastic summer that is quickly approaching us... :)

1 comment:

L said...

Fabo, as gay as this sounds, I adore you too. PS - I have eight days off in a row in April. Obviously I'm coming home for shenanigans.