Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some alcohol-related links for you to enjoy...

What Your Drink Says About You They don't quite peg me on margaritas here.

10 Drunk Photos You Don't Want To Be In, 11 More Drunk Photos You Don't Want to Be In, and 12 More Drunk Photos You Don't Want To Be In I feel like they've summed up the majority of Facebook photo albums everywhere (my own included).

The 10 Oldest Bars In The U.S. I think we need to tour these... any takers?

50 Animals With Drinking Problems I find this incredibly disturbing, but hilarious nonetheless.

Ten Cool (And Free) Magic Bar Tricks I'm not a fan of magic, but I'm a pretty big fan of the bar...

Top 10 Drinking Achievements Before You Die I'm intrigued and intimidated.

25 Clever Bar Pick Up Lines  and 26 Shamless And Slightly Vulgar Bar Pick Up Lines Some of these are pretty funny... I'll admit that I'd accept conversation if someone threw one at me. Well, maybe from the first set... clever is good, and we all know how I feel about creepers at the bar.

10 Drunk People You Don't Want To Meet At The Bar and 11 Drunk People You Don't Want To Meet At The Bar Agreed. Although I have been guilty of singing along to Journey while dancing/jumping around/fistpumping and wearing my sunglasses... at night. What can I say, it was the night after the Polar Bear Plunge, and I'd been drinking since 8:30am.

15 Best Hangover Cures From Around The World I think I'd rather just take 3 ibuprofen, down a Revive Vitamin Water, eat some eggs and toast, and hope for the best...

Catch and Chug Pretty impressive... I'm hoping something like this will happen this summer... ;)

Top 10 Drinking Songs On The Jukebox At The Bar I don't necessarily agree with all of these so I feel compelled to compile my own version in the near future.

7 Technologies That Could Benefit From The Gmail Goggles Concept AGREED!!! #1 and #6 will likely be my demise...

19 Drinks and Cocktails Named After Movies I mostly posted this for Lauren (peep the Star Wars one!) but The Green Mile sounds pretty delish, as does The Blues Brothers.

Oktoberfest And The World's Best Beer Festivals I really need to start traveling...


5 Essential iPhone Drinking Apps For Social Cyborgs One more reason why I really really really want an iPhone. Is that sad? Perhaps.

Drunk Dancing Guide: Simple Instructions For Dancing Under The Influence The Dice totally reminds me of Seth Rogen in Knocked Up.

How To Know When It is Time To Leave The Bar I should probably take a few pointers from this.


The Real Dangers of Mixing Different Types Of Alcohol I can think of a few nights... need I say more?

How To Know If You Are A Beer Snob Guilty... well, sometimes.


35 Beautiful Vintage Beer Bottle Labels and Brutally Honest Beer Labels I appreciate these on two different levels, obviously.

What 8 Cartoon Characters Have To Say About Alcohol One of our favorite toasts in college was Homer's quote, "Beer, the cause of and solution to, all of life's problems."


12 Reasons Why We Love The Irish I've always had a thing for the Irish. And I'm still disappointed that I slept through St. Patrick's Day (my favorite drinking holiday of all time).

For the record, it took me 2 hours to get through the entire Sloshspot blog tonight. But it was totally worth it. I wonder what else I'll stumble up tonight since sleeping seems far from an option.

3 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

Confession: I keep a copy of the knowing when to leave the bar flowchart in my big blue purse. It has provided me numerous giggles and great insight on occasions. I suggest you do the same now. <3 you ;)

L said...

Jen, I am impressed at the quality AND quantity of links you have provided for me to enjoy. Well done, fabo. Well done.

Jen said...

Jamie: I had a feeling you might say that. But you know that by the time I realize I should be flowcharting my night, it's already too late.

Lauren: You can thank Jamie for introducing me to Sloshspot. It's a pretty fabulous blog, if I can say so myself.