Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not again!

I'm having another random, unexplained full-body allergic reaction to who knows what. Last night, I found myself covered in hives from the neck down. Fabulous. Thankfully, I have an "emergency kit" from the last time it happened, so I'm chock-full of prednisone, fexofenadine, Xyzal, and ranitidine, and slathered in fluocinonide. And I took a lovely, super helpful oatmeal bath last night, per Jamie's recommendation. Prednisone prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Fexofenadine is an antihistimine. Xyzal is an antihistimine. Ranitidine is a histimine-2 blocker. Fluocinide is a topical steroid.  Seeing a pattern? Unfortunately, they all have side effects, many of which I'm experiencing, on top of (probably) a synergistic effect from having to take them all at once. My favorite side effects are mood changes (last time I cried constantly, for absolutely no reason other than "I just don't feel good!"), increased heart rate, water retention and increased appetite, but dizziness, headache, drowsiness, and insomnia (yes, one can experience them simultaneously) are also pretty sweet. But, fortunately, 24 hours later, I no longer want to claw my skin off, so I guess relief has its price.

So speaking of crazy skin-related things... this afternoon, Jamie sent me one of the greatest videos I have ever seen. 


After watching it, I realized I really want someone to buy me a chameleon. And all the Ray Ban Wayfarers in the world!

Well, time to go to bed. I'm planning on going to Zumba at 9:30 and Power Hour at 10:30. This will be my first time back in a class since the end of January... wow, that's like a month and a half ago. Granted, I've only been back in the gym since the beginning of this month, but still. No wonder I've felt like such a lazy piece of crap lately...

No comments: