
Spring is great. I was excited when I woke up and realized today is the first day of spring, because spring means the end of winter and the end of cold, and cold makes me unhappy. Spring is followed by summer, my favorite season, which always conjures up connotations of trips to the beach, lazy days by the pool, and tan lines. And then, on top of all of this, I realized that my friends and I have made plans for, what could possibly be, the greatest spring/summer ever, and I am beyond stoked! I'm seeing Ray LaMontagne in Philly with Joel on April 4. I highly recommend listening to his song "You Are The Best Thing." I'm seeing Third Eye Blind on April 18 at Moravian College, thanks to Hill's boyfriend Mike. Middle school throwbacks, anyone? You know I love that 90's rock. Crystal mentioned plans of more weekend adventures to Middletown, and Ryan and I discussed getting everyone together one weekend to tour the Dogfish Head Brewery in Milford then check out dinner at the DFH restaurant in Rehoboth. Dogfish Head is my favorite microbrewery. If you haven't tried their stuff, you just haven't been living. Emily, Jamie, and I bought 6-packs of O's tickets (including opening day on April 6!) with legit seats for only $150. I feel as though Opening Day for the O's is Opening Day for us as well! :) Jamie and I are planning a trip to Hilton Head, SC for the first week in May. Anyone interested in joining us should inquire within. Lauren is moving to her own apartment in Salisbury, and there have been discussions of beach trips. Yay! While I hate Ocean City, I will admit to having a lot of memories on that scuzzy, touristy beach... senior skip days (I went my sophomore, junior, and senior years), senior week, and other random excursions--many of which include crushes and summer romances... how embarassing! There's a trip in the works for June that I've been sworn to secrecy about for the time being, but let me tell you... it's going to be awesome! I've already told Em that a major shopping trip is crucial. And we all know how I feel about the 3rd and 4th of July. Apologies to anyone who has experienced my drunk dials, or any other drunken shenanigans, from Waterman's on the 3rd. Dave Matthews is playing at Nissan Pavillion on August 8, and while I waited too long to get the seats that I wanted, Lauren and I will likely order lawn tickets just to see him again this summer. Not to mention the other concerts I'm sure we'll find ourselves attending... Pier Six Pavillion became one of my favorite venues after the time we spent there during summer 2008. So all in all, I can barely contain myself I'm so excited for the upcoming months! And I'm hoping that snugs are included ... ;)
1 comment:
Let me just say, I am beyond excited for this summer. Beach trips: heck yes. Dave concert: heck yes. Snugs? I don't know the exact origin of that joke, but I'm thinking heck yes.
Post a Comment