Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Update

It's been a really long time since I've posted anything on here. Sooo, here it goes...

Personal training is going well. I just started a 6am group training class on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays and absolutely love it! Unfortunately, it tends to result in me needing a nap around 2pm (probably because I wake up at 4:30). But that's ok because my days are shorter since I no longer have my 6pm client... although I should be picking up a new 6pm client in May.

Eric and I are still going strong and I couldn't be happier. I think it's safe to say that we are nauseatingly perfect together and I not-so-secretly love every second of it. He fulfills my "find someone who I can put up with who can in turn put up with me" requirement and then some... we still can't seem to spend enough time together. I'm noticing that I actually relax now, and my quality of sleep has improved--especially when I stay with him. And I even miss him from time to time... weird right? I have to say though, I still really enjoy my alone time and I'm definitely in need of a night/weekend out with my girls. That's one thing I swore from the very beginning: Never become "that girl"--the one who ditches her friends for a guy.

On a possibly related note, I've been doing a lot of cooking and baking lately. I'm sure domesticity has a positive correlation to relationship status. Kidding... sort of. It's not that I'm expected to fill any gender roles... I mean, it is 2010... but I actually enjoy doing it in my free time and find it rather relaxing. It's part of my alone time. But I also like finding healthy recipes...

I made these muffins as a quick breakfast-to-go in the morning. Complex carbohydrates, omega-3's, cinnamon, yogurt, and berries... all I need is a hard-boiled egg as a complete protein and I'm good to go!

Blueberry-Flax Muffins

1 c old-fashioned oats, finely processed
1 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c wheat bran
2 tbs whole flax seeds
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp bakng soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c yogurt
1/2 c soymilk
1/4 c honey
1/8 c brown sugar
2 egg whites
2 handfuls fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 400. Spray bottoms of twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In mixing bowl, combine first seven (dry) ingredients. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Set aside.

In another bowl, combine remaining (wet) ingredients. Add wet mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (mixture will be lumpy) then fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes then remove from cups to continue cooling. Makes 1 dozen muffins.

3 comments:

L said...

The fact that I'm looking to you for recipes means the world is ending soon, I think.

Jen said...

The world is ending because you're cooking or the world is ending because I'm cooking? I don't know whether to be concerned or flattered! You know I can bake some mean muffins though! Had to help remedy that condiment fridge you had when you first moved in...

L said...

I think it's a little of both - I never thought you'd be domestic, and I never thought I'd attempt cooking again. Scary. :)