Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update...

"For what it's worth, darling dear, I wish you were here 'cause I feel alone. When you were home we'd sing but since you've left I dont hear anything. Though I feel so sad, I can't believe things are really that bad..."

Well, I've been up since 3:30am for no apparent reason. I'm in total denial of being sick, even though I took Tylenol PM, Zyrtec-D, and Mucinex at 10pm because I felt like I was dying. I woke up several times in that 5.5-hour span of time, and vaguely recall stumbling around like a drunk person. I figured I might as well get my day started, so I made myself three egg whites, whole wheat toast, and green tea... mmm, my favorite! As the Fabo would say, that decision was full of win!

On another note, I'm currently listening to Owl City on MySpace. Good stuff. I really enjoy music that features a keyboard or piano.

And I have big news... I meet with my first real prospective client, Nancy, on Thursday to do a fitness evaluation and discuss personal training sessions! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time; there's a great deal of trust and commitment that comes with personal training but I know I have what it takes and this will be a great way for me to get my foot in the door, so to speak. Ashley volunteered to be my guinea pig, so I'm already getting myself seen in the gym, and members have been asking when I'm going to start training. I'm totally stoked to work with Nancy though, because she's 1) really nice 2) interested in the MC2 program we offer (which I just so happen to LOVE) and 3) wants to train to run a marathon. Nancy told me she only really knows how to walk on the treadmill and use cardio machines, so she legitimately needs my help to reach her goals, and I plan on giving her 210%.

Anyway, I should probably start working on program design. And I need to keep pushing fluids and antioxidants so I can get better ASAP. Emily and I are running the Nike+ Human Race 10K on Saturday morning and then I'm heading to Baltimore to set up a work out for Jamie! So excited... I love having off every other weekend. I'd prefer to have off every weekend, but beggars can't be choosers. Plus, once I establish myself as a personal trainer and build a client base, I'll be able to set my own schedule, which will basically entail having off most weekends.

No comments: