Sunday, March 8, 2009

Insomnia...

I blame my current bout of insomnia on the time change, and the fact that I can't turn my brain off tonight. In an attempt to coax myself to sleep, I took a bath and then turned on some Ray LaMontagne. I'm currently obsessed with his song "You Are The Best Thing," which he happened to play tonight on SNL. I'm seeing him at the Tower in Philly on April 4 with Joel, which is really exciting! Joel has really good seats, and I'm stoked for two reasons: 1) I've never seen him in concert before and 2) I never get to hang out with Joel anymore, so it'll be fun to catch up (the concert is at 8pm so I'm hoping we just spend the day wandering around in Philly).

Baby, it's been a long day, baby 
Things ain't been going my way 
And now I need you here 
To clear my mind all the time 

And baby, the way you move me, it's crazy 
It's like you see right through me 
And make it easier 
Believe me, you don't even have to try 

Oh, because you are the best thing 
(You're the best thing) 
You are the best thing 
(You're the best thing, baby) 
You are the best thing 
(You're the best thing, oooh) 
Ever happened to me 




In other musical news, Dave Matthews is playing at Nissan Pavillion on August 8 and I really want to go. Tickets go on sale this Friday, which happens to be pay day (how convenient). I just need to get a head count; I can automatically assume that Lauren is game, but I'm not sure who else will want to go. And I want to get decent seats--like, 100-section or closer--because he's a great performer. I'm sooo over lawn tickets; sure, they're cheap, but I feel as though they're for fans who would rather get drunk in the parking lot, or for people who aren't true fans and are just tagging along for something to do. 

Our girls night/Watchmen date was a success (as if there were ever any doubt). We met at Red Robin for a quick dinner and drinks, then saw the 7:00 show of Watchmen. It was great, but a very long movie... and in 2 hours and 45 minutes, we saw Billy Crudup's penis 14 times (Jamie and I counted). Our waiter, Nick, was our waiter the last time Jamie, Lauren, and I went, and apparently he's been Jamie's waiter the past 2 other times she's been. I guess it must be fate. Plusss, I got the green-light, so project FNT is in full force... :)

I'm really excited for this coming weekend! Thursday night I'm going to The Whiskey with Mike to see The Grilled Lincolns; I've almost lost count how many times I've seen them now but I think this will make 6 different shows. I'm off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so I'm planning on spending the weekend between Baltimore and Middletown. I originally took the weekend off because Jamie mentioned going to Shamrockfest at RFK Stadium but we nixed the plan, which is just as well because Crystal's birthday is March 12 and she wants to get everyone together over the weekend to go bowling. I don't know which days I'm spending where, but it'll definitely be fun. I'd really like to get my haircut at some point, but that may have to wait depending on plans; I'm thinking I want it a few inches shorter--kind of how it was in October--because I feel as though the longer my hair is, the younger I look (which I find annoying). I don't know, maybe this is something I should take a poll about...

Anyway, I think I might try to take a quick nap before I have to get up for work... 6am is coming at a rapid pace, whether I like it or not.

1 comment:

L said...

Obviously I'm game!