Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stuff.

This is my current list of wants and needs, in no particular order...
1. Snugs: I cannot lie, I'm always in the mood for snugs... ;)
2. Vacation from life: Yes, I realize I just got back from Vegas last week. Yes, I realize I spent five fabulous days in Hilton Head less than two months ago. However, recent developments are sending me into overdrive and full-on insomnia is right around the corner. It's possible that I'm still jet-lagged. There's just something not quite right...
3. Movies: Away We Go, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Up, Year One, Bruno (July 9), The Ugly Truth (July 24), and Funny People (July 31).
4. Beach day and/or beach volleyball!
5. Concerts: Donavon Frankenreiter is opening for Dave Matthews at Nissan Pavillion on August 8th.
6. Massage: I have so much tension in my shoulders and back, it is unreal.
7. MOVIE/DATE/GIRLS NIGHT WITH MY FAVES: I need this badly. I'm thinking dinner at Red Robin followed by seeing The Ugly Truth would be perfection.
8. Sushi date! I'm having a mad craving for spicy tuna-avocado rolls...
9. A fun-filled evening of drinking and singing and dancing with friends: This may or may not be taken care of Thursday night... plans are still tentative but it will definitely happen this week.
10. Wine night with my girls, middle-school sleepover style: Sweats/pajamas, wine, movies, and gossip/story-telling.
11. Pre-sprain gymming/normalcy.
12. End-of-year review and a raise.
13. Job that doesn't involve retail? An 8 to 5-er would be ideal...

This is my list of things I'm currently excited about, also in no particular order. Ok, it's chronological because that's just how my brain (and planner) works.
July 9 & 10: Two much needed days off. I need a haircut, my car needs an oil change, and I have about 98235 errands to run, including wedding present shopping...
July 18: Grace's wedding in Front Royal, VA!
July 31: O's vs. Red Sox with my girls... :)
August 7: O's vs. Angels with my girls... :)
August 8: Dave Matthews at Nissan Pavillion with Donavon Frankenreiter
August 14-16: Camping trip to Harper's Ferry?
September 4: O's vs. Rangers with my girls... :)
October 8: My 24th Birthday! I don't want to plan anything too crazy (because I'd rather save that til next year for my quarter-life crisis) but I'm pretty sure something big will be in the works.
January 30, 2010: 14th Annual Polar Bear Plunge!!! Oh yeah, I'm doing it again!!!

I can't think of anything else at the moment. Hopefully my next post will be more thoughtful/insightful. I'm not gonna lie: I'm pretty tapped out, I just can't fall asleep.

3 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

yaaaay camping....i can picture our drunk asses tied together in tubes floating down the river now :D

which reminds me i need to get on making the reservations and plans and such

L said...

I want in!

Jen said...

Ummm yeah I can picture my drunk ass almost drowning. I hope the river's relatively shallow, lol