1. I'm slowly making peace with the fact that my foot will get better when it's ready to get better, which is a devastating realization for me because running and working out keeps my nerves at bay. Em wants to run the MD Half Marathon on May 31st, so I'm hoping I'm only out of commission for like 10 more days at most... I'd rather not reinjure myself by training too hard (I'll admit that I can tend to be completely insane, especially when it comes to running, and especially when I'm on a deadline).
2. I had one of the best weekends ever, in the history of weekends! We're seriously closing in on groupie status, but The Grilled Lincolns twice in one weekend is basically heaven. Here's a recap: I drove to Middletown on Friday, and we went to North Star Grille for dinner before the show. It wasn't super acoustic, because they were using amps, but it was still great. A few beers and a shot or two later, and I found myself wandering up to the front of the crowd, as usual. It kind of went like this... Mike: Jen, I know you'll go up front with me. Jen: You're damn straight, let's go! I somehow managed to be intoxicated by the end of the night, and we found ourselves at WalMart buying Guitar Hero World Tour to take back to Ryan and Crystal's. Of course, our drunk asses couldn't get the guitar calibrated, so after an hour of frustration, their neighbor Brian suggested we stumble over to his house and play there; this was at approximately 2am. I spent most of the time singing but fell asleep around 6am, shortly after handing the mic over to Brian. At 7am everyone decided to go to bed; there's something to be said about going to bed when it's light out. Tiffany and I slept like babies in Brian's bed (probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in), Mike slept out on the couch, and Brian slept upstairs in his brother's room. Ryan came over and woke us up around 1pm, and we all had a "walk of shame" hangover procession back to Ryan and Crystal's around 2pm. Mike and I ran out to pick up Arby's for everyone for lunch, which was a great choice since we all promptly fell asleep shortly after eating. Around 7pm, we were all up and moving once again, and decided to order dinner and get ready to go out again. This time, it was just Ryan, Mike, and myself (apparently that's what guys' night entails, haha); I'm pretty sure Brian was still recuperating and Crystal wasn't feeling well so Tiffany decided to stay home with her. Mike mentioned the fifth of Jager he'd brought, that had yet to be open, and after finding two cans of RedBull in the fridge, we crushed half of it in less than 10 minutes; this was probably one of the best ideas all weekend, next to the 5-hour rock sesh. They dropped us off at Tom Foolery's and we found a cozy spot at the bar for the first set. During their break, Riddie, Bakke, and Rob came over to chat (see, groupie status) and Bakke bought us a round of shots (it's ok, because Ryan and I bought their Jagershots later). And of course, I got my hug from Riddie, which made me a happy girl. Mike and I probably took a couple more shots (I distinctly remember at least one shot of Royal Flush), and that's when my night gets hazy; my lowered tolerance since graduating college is both a gift and a curse. Anyway, Crystal and Tiffany picked us up at the end of the night, and I stumbled into bed in the guest room around 2am, but not before sending a few drunken texts to Jamie about my weekend. My alarm went off at 9am... BRUTAL. I gathered all my stuff, cleaned the snow off my car, and hit the road; Wawa was a must, and I'm pretty sure it's the only way I survived my shift at work. All-in-all, it was a great weekend, for many reasons (a few of which I'm choosing to exclude for the time being) and was honestly exactly what I needed.
3. I was fooling around on Facebook and iLike, and remembered I had this song on my iTunes... it kind of makes my day. It's one of my all-time favorite songs, from one of my all-time favorite movies--10 Things I Hate About You--and I feel it's very appropriate, based on recent developments... ;)
1 comment:
haha i know what you're choosing to leave out....sneaky sneaky girl
Post a Comment