Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Like music to my ears...

My current playlist consists of: Blues Traveler, Coldplay, Dave Matthews (of course), Dispatch, Donavon Frankenreiter, Eric Hutchinson, G. Love, Incubus, Mason Jennings, Sean Hayes, Tristan Prettyman, and Van Morrison; put iTunes on Shuffle, and I'm good to go. I feel like my musical selection may be trying to tell me something about myself, but I'm too tired at the moment for introspection. I've been working 8 to 5 every day since Friday, which means I haven't been getting much sleep (especially over the weekend). I mean, I typically fall asleep around 1, and then wake up at 6:30. I was hoping to catch up on sleep yesterday, but 8am was the only appointment available at the orthopaedist on short notice. I'm off again on Friday, but will be spending the day on an adventure with Ash--either in DC or Baltimore. It's looking to be a good weekend, and I'm pretty stoked! Tomorrow after work I'm heading to The Whiskey in Annapolis with Em and Hill for happy hour and to see The Grilled Lincolns (they play there every Thursday night... how convenient!). Friday I'm daytripping with Ashley to either DC or Baltimore, and the weather is supposed to be phenomenal: sunny and in the 50's! I'm not sure what we're planning for Friday night but I'm hoping for something low-key since I open on Saturday. And Saturday night I think I'm having a wine night with Jamie--your girl friends always make the best valentines, right?! Ever since watching P.S. I Love You, I like to think of this quote when I start to feel sad and/or lonely (which I can probably attribute to seeing He's Just Not That Into You and every other chick flick I've watched lately).
"So now, alone or not, you've got a walk ahead. The thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too."
And on that note, I believe I will be going to bed. 10:30 is the earliest I've crawled into bed in a long time, and I'm really looking forward to it... :)

No comments: