Thursday, February 5, 2009

I really need a hobby.

I'm pretty sure that if I can't go to the gym and get on a treadmill soon, I'm going to lose my damn mind. The past week has made me realize that I'm way more high maintenance than I thought, because I clearly need activity in my life--running is meditative for me and really lets me clear my head, and I love the dynamic of group fitness classes (especially Zumba because it's a great workout that's more "fun" than "work"). Not to mention that I crave a sense of accomplishment, so working shorter shifts with restrictions really frustrates me. Icing, elevating, and keeping weight off my foot translates into watching excessive amounts of tv and typically falling asleep on the couch, which translates into waking up and realizing I've accomplished nothing, which translates into me feeling bad about myself. So I've decided I really need to find myself a hobby. Scrapbooking isn't really my style, so that's out of the question, but I could always start making jewelry again (I made bracelets for my girls for Christmas and I think they turned out ok). I really don't know what to do, because all I can think about is running... :(

No comments: