Friday, January 9, 2009

[Insert witty title here.]

Well, my cold is just about gone, and I'd say my health is at about 85%; I'm still fighting a bit of chest congestion and my voice isn't quite up to par, buuuttt I no longer feel like I'm dying. :) I can't wait to be free of all those germs... not to mention it'll be nice to not have my days revolving around a medicine schedule chock full of Mucinex, DayQuil, NyQuil, and Sudafed. P.S. Mucinex is a god-send... I'm pretty sure I would have died without it! 

I also finished the last day of the seven-day Complete Body Cleansing Program I picked up from GNC. For the record, I spend too much money in that store. True or false: Most girls get excited about shoes and clothes. True. And I do fall into that category... sometimes. But I must admit that I get wayyy more excited about GNC than I do about Victorias Secret or Aldo or Nordstrom. Anyway, I was hesitant to do a body cleanse/detox because I'm typically sensitive to medicines/supplements but I highly recommend this one. I didn't have a negative reaction to it at all, and I actually lost a few pounds--just under 5 since Sunday! I'll admit that I decided to do it as a sort of New Year's resolution to lose weight and get back in shape, but apparently they're good to do once or twice a year to flush out the ol' system. We're having a "Biggest Loser" weight loss competition at work, so I figured I would kick-start things with a detox (which was kind of convenient, considering I've been sick and therefore unable to go to the gym--my diet of veggie soup and green tea works wonders!).

In other news, I'm heading to Baltimore this weekend to hang out with Jamie; I'm leaving Friday after work, and coming back Sunday afternoon. I'm stoked... aside from our typical "J-Squared" shenanigans, we're planning on going to the farmer's market on Saturday morning, and renting Pineapple Express at some point. I've never not seen a movie I've been so excited about, if that makes any sense; Seth Rogen and James Franco... I mean, what's not to be excited about?

Welp, it's closing in on 1am and considering I took NyQuil at 8pm, I'm not quite sure why I'm still awake. I am, however, realizing that it's entirely possible that none of this post will make sense if I reread it later...

FYI: I'm doing the 13th Annual MSP Polar Bear Plunge in two weekends!!! One more reason to get healthy... I definitely need to drag my ass to the gym if I'm going to be running around in a swimsuit in January!

No comments: