
You are about to witness history. This is my first ever attempt at any sort of poetic verse. It's a work in progress, so I'm not making any promises as to whether it's "good" or "bad" because that isn't really mine to judge, but I do appreciate feedback. I may work on a title tomorrow, but what's important is the association between my photography and verse.
Bliss... infatuation... tranquility and passion
Harmony... reflection... center of my attention
Overwhelming and consuming
Ecstasy runs through me
The calm before the storm
Like a clean slate or the day I was born
Escape... retreat... obsession
Unbridled desire and affection
An unattainable prize over which I fantasize
My epitome of hope... serenity... equilibrium
I took this picture of the Chesapeake Bay on the way back from the Polar Bear Plunge on Saturday. It is my new "happy place" and looking at it pleases me. It's amazing what you can do just by enhancing colors and changing the saturation. I enhanced a few others and created an entire album of 'em because this makes me happy... ;)
Anyway, today was pretty sweet. We finally got a legit snow--probably a couple inches--and the powder made me feel artsy so I decided to bundle up and go out to take pictures with Mickey. You can check out my Snow Day Excursion album here. I didn't make it to the gym today, but I figure that running around in the cold for an hour and a half and clearing the snow off of three vehicles has to account for some sort of caloric expenditure, right? Plus I'm going tomorrow, so I'm ok with that. I'm planning on running 3-5 miles (we'll see what happens) and then doing Zumba at 5:30. I haven't hopped on a treadmill for an solid run since around Thanksgiving, and that makes me sad; running a mile here and there to warm up doesn't count in my book. A good run is actually meditative for me--focusing on my breathing and the rhythym of my feet and my mind will take over. What's funny is while all of this is going on, I'm listening to my iPod (preferably AC/DC or hip-hop) while watching The History Channel or Discovery Channel. I don't plug my headphones into the tv because I don't want to hear commercials. And I usually switch to the next song before the current one is finished. But once in a while I get lucky: my mind takes over and I really get a chance to ponder things and sort out my life... and it's fabulous!
2 comments:
feedback: it's awesome! And I might have to print out a large-sized copy of this photo to frame or something. I love it.
Thanks boo! You were procrastinating all over the internet today, huh?! It's kind of a work in progress so I may add to it in the near future. Or not. And it's funny that you say that you're going to print it, because Emily Rowan asked me if I minded if she painted it... I really hope she does!
Post a Comment