Monday, October 27, 2008

So this may sound weird, BUT...

I've decided that my goal in life is to be unemployed. I enjoy my job (for the most part--let's be real, everything has its ups and downs) and I enjoy working, but "not working" easily trumps both of the aforementioned.

Unfortunately, we all know I'd probably make the worst trophy wife ever. That being said... while I'm not exactly high maintenance, I'm too high maintenance to become a bum... and I'm pretty sure I enjoy socializing too much to become a hermit... and I doubt I can pull an Anna Nicole Smith because I find old men to be repulsive. 

To explain myself, I've found that lately I feel more productive on days that I have off, than days that I go to work. I run/work out/go to the gym, schedule doctor appointments, and accomplish other errandy things that I typically do not have time to do on days that I work. While I do go to the gym on days that I work, it tends to exhaust me. I like to push myself, so I'll run 3-5 miles and then do a circuit work out, or just run 5+ miles, and that is just too much before/after an 8-9 hour shift at work (mostly because working in retail mentally exhausts me about 80% of the time).

So I think I'm out of options, but definitely still open for suggestions. I'll do more brainstorming while I'm out running... :)

Disclaimer: This may or may not be one of my more ridiculous notions, but I plan on going along with it.

1 comment:

L said...

If I wasn't eyeball deep in commitments to hospitals, I'd be there with you!

Also, my word verification was "flakkid," which reminds me of flaccid. Which is a funny word!